A whole new paradigm in the personal data
The GDPR, in force since May 25, 2018, corresponds to one of the biggest changes in the processing of personal data, applied to any institution that deals with data, and that is based and/or does business in the European Union. In fact, this regulation prevails over national laws, with great impact on all departments of the organizations. The ABPG has management practices as if it were a company (except in the marketing and commercial aspects). With six areas of intervention, 220 fixed staff and several subcontractors, the Association has over 3,500 service users/clients (in areas ranging from health to culture, sports and leisure, with valences such as children’s day care centres, nursing homes, continued care units, etc.).
The work carried out by Leadership Business Consulting involved three stages:
- A first evaluation phase (with the identification of the data and respective processing performed by ABPG, the analysis of gaps considering GDPR requirements, employees training);
- A second step that included the design of an action plan (identification and planning of actions to ensure compliance);
- A third phase of support in the GDPR implementation..
Raise the level of exigence
The main results intended – and obtained – by the Associação de Beneficiência Popular de Gouveia with the project carried out by Leadership Business Consulting included:
- The commitment of the institution concerning the privacy of personal data, both of the users of its services and of the employees;
- A better provision of customer services in the scope of data protection (exercise of rights);
- Clarification of the rules to be followed by employees (mobile phones, computer applications, confidentiality, etc.);
- Definition of a strict policy in terms of communication of data to third parties.
Jorge Cravo, a partner at Leadership Business Consulting, declares that “this was a project that gave us special pleasure due to the emotional connection that exists with ABPG and its people, as well as for leading us to learn and create solutions that did not exist in the market, since complying with GDPR corresponds to a new paradigm of exigency in personal data protection”.
João Pinto, vice chairman of ABPG, adds that the work “developed in partnership with Leadersip Business Consulting allowed not only to follow and fulfil new obligations regarding personal data protection, but also to take the opportunity to raise the level of exigency in the service provided to the people that we daily seek to assist.”
Num contexto de massificação das certificações, sobretudo na área da qualidade, será que ainda é possível uma organização diferenciar-se por ter um sistema de gestão da qualidade certificado? Poderão estes sistemas ser um efetivo instrumento de gestão e um apoio ao processo de tomada de decisão e estar interiorizado e aplicado no dia a dia de uma organização?
Empresas de todos os setores no globo estão a adotar a Indústria 4.0. Já não se trata de “temos tempo, é uma tendência de futuro” – a também denominada Quarta Revolução Industrial está aí. É uma realidade. A sua organização está preparada?